Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Standing Alone

Hey Kids! I hope you are having a GREAT week. I'm praying that many of you will be able to visit our new site and get some encouragement from me and from each other!

Today, I want to talk to you about 'standing alone'. Have you ever had to do that? I know it's not easy, but do you know who our GREATEST example is in standing alone? That's right, it's Jesus. There were many times that when everyone was doing the opposite thing, He stood alone and obeyed His Father in Heaven.

Take an opportunity this week to stand alone. For example, when everyone in your class is talking and you are supposed to be listening, STAND ALONE and obey your teacher. Guess who else you are obeying? That's right, it's Jesus, and He will be pleased with your obedience. I Peter 5:9 tells us to "STAND FIRM in the faith." When you take a stand for Jesus, you are being a witness for Him! Remember what that song says? "Obedience is the very BEST way, to show that you believe" !

Click on the word 'comment' and let me know how you took a stand for Jesus this week! I'm praying for you every day, and want to know how Jesus is working in your lives.

Have an AWESOME week!

2 comments:

Cobb Boys 3 said...

I got to stand alone at school last week. I was the only kid in my entire class that didn't get to watch a movie they showed. My Mom and Dad didn't think I should watch it. They told me why they didn't want me to see it, so I didn't. I got to go to the library instead! Hi Auntie!
Garrett

Suzanne said...

Way to go Garrett!

I am so proud of you and I know Jesus is too. It's not easy to stand alone, but you obeyed your parents, and you obeyed the Lord, too! I love you, buddy!