Monday, February 18, 2008

Three in ONE

Hey kids!

I hope you had a GREAT day off on Monday! I'm sure it was nice to have a break from school and have a long weekend.

I heard something awhile back, and wanted to share it with you. I know you've learned about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit being 3 in 1. They are called the "Trinity". Has that ever confused you? I mean, it's a tough concept to think about, but by FAITH, I take God's Word to be true and believe it!

Let me explain it this way: Think of a hard boiled egg -- it has 3 parts. The shell, the white part, and the yellow (yolk). Is it 3 eggs? Nope, it's still just one egg, and yet they are all different PARTS of the egg. That's a great way to think about the Trinity when you get confused, or if someone asks you to explain it. God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are different, but they are still ONE!

CHALLENGE: At the dinner table this week, explain to your parents what you learned about the Trinity. Tell them about the egg and how, just like the Trinity, it's 3 in 1! Leave a comment here to let us know you did it. The first 3 posts will get a special prize from me!

Have a GREAT week, Capshaw Kids!

No comments: